> June 24: Updates
Minnesota Avenue Revitalization Phase 1
from A St., SE to 300 ft. south of Benning Rd., NE
Saturday, June 25 – Friday, July 1, 2016
(Work is scheduled for Saturday, June 25, 2016)
All work subject to change (weather permitting).
- Continue new roadway reconstruction of the Minn. Ave. northbound lanes b/t A St. & Benning Rd. at Ridge Rd., at the ramp to inbound East Capitol St., and at the Blaine St. (south side) & Anacostia Rd. intersection including subgrade preparation, new pavement, underdrain, stormdrain inlet, curb/gutter, wheelchair ramp, bus pad, streetlight/traffic signal conduit & foundation and Low-impact structure installations;
- The intersection of Minn. Ave. & Blaine St./Anacostia Rd. will be reopened by Monday, June 27, 2016.
- The south side of Ridge Rd. will be reopened on Tuesday, June 28, 2016; the workzone will shift to the north side (close to bridge). EB/WB traffic will shift to the center lanes.
- epco to continue electric line repairs at the south side of the Minn. Ave. Bridge over E. Capitol St., begin repairs at the north side and continue installing new utility poles along the east side of Minn. Ave.
- Some Pepco work will occur during weekend, evening and overnight hours.
- Perform final tie-in of new 12 inch watermain @ Dix St. and install new fire hydrant @ the SE Corner of Minn. Ave. & Clay Pl.
- This work will begin Tuesday evening @ 9 pm and continue through 6 am Wednesday morning and will include water service disruptions. DC Water will provide formal notifications.